Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace.

Sunday 2 March 2014

Welcome!

Yes, I've finally decided to start a blog. It's been something that I have thought about for the past year or so and today I've finally started it. This blog will consist of a lot of favourite recipes that I have found, made AND love and will have links to the original spots that I have found them. The other part of the blog will consist of my very own creations on various food favourites (yes, it is possible that someone else may have a similar recipe as me, please share if you find or know of one).

Overall, I want to reach out to people and show them that there are a lot of healthy (or healthier) delicious foods. I have found most people thinking that eating well means having no taste to the food you are eating. It's scary to go to the grocery store and pick up a product that you have no idea of how to cook or eat (or don't really have the money to buy it) BUT I have done this several times now and overall it has been a positive experience (which involves me buying the product again); I hope I will be able to encourage you to try new healthier foods. Some foods that I have discovered include:

  • Cocoa nibs (thanks to siblings)
  • Nutritional yeast
  • Chia seeds
  • Different types of flours
  • Different types of milk
  • Quinoa (thanks to friends) 

If you don't recognize these items continue reading, if you do recognize these items continue reading also because I suspect you would like to find more recipes with these type of ingredients in them. Once a person realizes that there are foods that our parents never introduced us to it opens up a whole new eating and cooking world. I eat raw foods, gluten free as well as gluten containing foods, vegetarian, vegan, etc. and will post the recipes if they are delicious.

I eat 'clean' and try and make sure there are lots of nutrients going into my body with everything I eat; that means I am not just eating 'empty calories' (but am also human and do still enjoy some of my favs once in a while, like homemade white bread). I hope you enjoy my blog spot and check back semi regularly (my own creations will be a little slower, I suspect).

Blog Question: 
What food/recipe have you recently tried and will continue to eat/make?

No comments:

Post a Comment